Education > Scholarship
The N.C.P.E.D.P. Rajiv Gandhi Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
The objective of the scholarships is to enable disabled
students with limited means to
receive education or professional training at postgraduate and doctoral levels
like medicine, surgery, engineering, architecture, management, business administration,
social work, applied psychology, clinical psychology, etc. This is merely an
and not an exhaustive list.
Download application form for Rajiv
Gandhi POstgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2005 for students with disabilities
The scholarship may be awarded to students with the following
- Blindness or low vision
- Speech or hearing impairment
- Locomotor disability, including those arising from leprosy, cerebral palsy
- Thalassemia, Haemophilia, Learning disability or any other disability,
by N.C.P.E.D.P. from time to time
- The candidate should be an Indian National between 18 and 35 years of age.
However, age can be relaxed at the discretion of the awarding authority.
- The candidate should be either pursuing or should have gained admission
to a full
time course in an Indian university established by law or in a recognised
- The income of the candidate or his parents/guardians should not exceed
Rupees 5,000 per month.
- Applications could be made for any one of the following courses/subjects:
(a) M.B.B.S., M.D., M.S. or an equivalent or higher course in Medicine or
(b) Mechanical, Civil, Electronic or any other branch of Engineering,
(c) Computer Science,
(d) Business Administration,
(i) Fine Arts, and
(j) Any other course that may be notified by the awarding authority from time
- At the discretion of the awarding authority, a scholarship may also be
awarded for a
professional course of I.G.N.O.U. or any other recognised Open University.
- A scholarship will be provided for the entire duration of the approved
course. If the
student has already completed one year of the course, he/she shall be awarded
from the year that he/she has applied.
- During the course, one failure may be condoned by the awarding authority
grounds of illness or other extraordinary circumstances.
- Scholarship money will be released every three months on receipt of the
report from the Head of the Institution.
- The continuation of the scholarship will depend not only on academic progress,
also on the conduct of the student as reported by the Head of the Institution.
- An incentive in the form of a Medal/Certificate of Merit will be awarded
student who performs best in his/her studies among the chosen N.C.P.E.D.P.
- N.C.P.E.D.P. reserves the right to change the scheme and/or amend the rules
without any notice.
Rates of scholarship
The basic rate of scholarship shall be Rupees 1,200 per month.