Access > Travel concessions
Various concessions and facilities available
- Doctors stationed in Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore and Hyderabad
– medical queries can be immediately transmitted.
- On advance notice: Oxygen cylinders, ambulifts, wheelchairs and special
- Stretcher cases, accompanied by qualified attendants, permitted only on
the Chennai-Port Blair-Chennai sector.
Indian Airlines (Economy Class, Domestic sector)
- For locomotor disability to the extent of 80% and above:
- 50% of normal economy class INR fare or point-to-point fare.
- 50% of INR fare level applicable to foreigners resident in India for
travel on domestic sectors.
- Commission: 5% (on fare component only).
- Follows special procedure for briefing of disabled passengers; besides
the safety booklet and live demonstration, shows audio/video film.
- Announcements in various regional languages.
- Persons with disability seated near an exit (but not in an exit row seat).
- Will consider the use of Braille for flight safety instructions.
- Flight safety instructions booklets in Braille and large print.
- Using an embossed plan, cabin attendants point out the seat’s location,
emergency exits, aisles, galleys and toilets to visually impaired passengers.
India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC)
- 50% discounts on room rent; accompanying person/attendant will not be charged
extra, that is, ITDC will charge 50% on single room tariff for a double room.
- 30% discount on food on a-la carte menu.
- Ramps in Hotel Kanishka and Ashok Yatri Niwas in Delhi, and Ashoka Hotel
- Modifications made in rooms, bathrooms, restaurants and lifts in Hotel
Indraprastha in Delhi.
- Decision taken to make at least one room, out of 50 rooms, accessible and
- Subject to validity, discounts provided are:
- For persons with leprosy: 75%
- For persons with hearing and speech impairment: 50%
- For visually impaired persons: 75%
- For “mentally retarded” [sic] persons: 75%
- For persons with physical impairments: Lower class – 75%; 1 AC/2
AC – 50%